Re: providing activity feedback to users

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 18:58:36 -0400 (EDT)
To: John Russell <VE3LL@RAC.CA>
cc: www-amaya-dev@w3.org
create a user style sheet, including

a:link { text-decoration:  underline }

Charles McCN

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, John Russell wrote:

  There are two places that activty feedback should be
  provided to let reader know what is (or about to) happen...

  [1] If the file is taking a long time to download or to render,
  there should be a flasher or gauge to reinforce the fact that
  activity is taking place andthat nothing has 'hung-up' or crashed.
  I noticed this on a file that does a lot of color swatches in tables.....

  [2] If there is a lot of hyperlinks as in a jump table
         then cursing over one of the hotspot areas should either:
      a] change the shape of the cursor  or
      b] display the link href in the status bar
    or preferably both....

  One can't assume that the hotspots will be of a different color than
  surrounding text or underlined ( i cant even find a way to select
   underlined links in amaya but that isnt the point)  Feedback on
   clickable areas is necessary for a browser to be useful by other than
   the designer....

  john russell  VE3LL@RAC.CA

  homepage: http://web.cgocable.net/~jrussel