RE: [Filter Effects][css3-transforms] Using MathML for formulas

From: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 16:49:29 +0100
To: dpvc@union.edu
Cc: cam@mcc.id.au, dschulze@adobe.com, vhardy@adobe.com, W3C WAI-XTECH <wai-xtech@w3.org>
Hi Davide,

I was pointed to your email [1] by david carlisle and your Tex converter
[2] by *Peter Krautzberger* as I have been looking into accessible math in
order to provide some practical guidnace to clients on publsihing math
content on the web
One of the issues I have come to understand in regards to presentation of
math to AT users is that MathML is only intelligible to a subset of screen
readers even when using IE + MathPlayer.
Your experimental speech output would be very useful for providing a text
translation of MathML to users of other AT, browsers and OS's

I would urge you to consider providing a similar converter for MathML and
also intergration into MathJax would be great!
Please keep up the good work.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-fx/2012AprJun/0126.html
[2]
http://www.math.union.edu/locate/Cervone/transfer/mathjax/speech-lab.html