Re: [Filter Effects][css3-transforms] Using MathML for formulas

My apologies if you haven't gotten a response from our text support group
yet.  They pride themselves on response times, but we just released a new
version of MathType (or main product) and they have gotten lots of
questions about that.

The next release of MathPlayer (MathPlayer 3, PR2 in a few weeks?) uses a
fully accessible control panel instead of the context menu for making
settings.  The context menu is surprisingly difficult to use for people
using screen readers.

MathPlayer does have a COM API -- it is how AT interfaces with MathPlayer.
You can get base level functionality by making MSAA calls, but much better
functionality (including prosody support) by calling the enhanced
interfaces for math.  The next version makes use of third party braille
translators, so you can also get Nemeth and other braille math codes back.
If you want the API, let me know and I'll send it to you.

In addition to Windows native support, we will be experimenting with a
cloud service this summer.  There are lots of details (both technical and
business) we need to work out about that, so I don't think it will be ready
until next summer, although maybe we'll have some betas out earlier.

Neil Soiffer
Senior Scientist
Design Science, Inc.
www.dessci.com
~ Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, MathDaisy, Equation Editor ~