Re: closing a Tab?

I see, so "haspopup" would be a kind of a catch all. I suspect for tabs,
users might habituate that haspopup probably means closeable 99% of the
time and they could try the keystroke.

That said, it seems a little unfair that the visual user has the
affordance of a close box, and the non-visual user gets a haspopup. But
then, perhaps with, like you mention, things like reloadable and
sortable, the indirection of a menu might be a welcome noise reduction?

cheers,
David