Re: Style guide: rich text editor

so how do we get tab into an edit field if we need something to indent with
or to separate with?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron M Leventhal" <aleventh@us.ibm.com>
To: <wai-xtech@w3.org>
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 6:30 AM
Subject: Style guide: rich text editor

1. The style guide has:

Note: The browser should also provide a keyboard mechanism for navigating
into and out of the edit control. Within Internet Explorer the edit
control is put into the tab order of the page and can be navigated into,
out of, and through using the tab and shift-tab keys like any standard
form control. Firefox also puts the edit control into the tab order.
However, Firefox has actually implemented tab as an action within the edit
control so currently there is no keyboard way to navigate out of the
editor component once focus has been placed inside of it.

This has changed with Firefox 3. In general, I think with mentioning
browsers in the doc, you better put version #s because things change.

2. Browser rich edit controls don't support keyboard shortcuts for
bold/italic etc. because they don't know which of those features the
particular edit field wants to support. The style guide should mention
this. Do people thing that the rich edit fields should support Ctrl+B for
bold etc. when the particular edit field supports bold?

- Araon