Re: agreement: user disposes; disagreement: author proposes [was: Re: When actions speak louder than words]

What am I missing.  As I understand it, the author can express the
"thought" or intent that there be a key and hand that off to be
processed by the user agent and or the user.  Why then do we need a
declarative statement of key by the author?

--
Jonnie Apple Seed
With his:

On Jan 2, 2006, at 8:25 AM, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 02:50:22 +0100, Richard Schwerdtfeger
<schwer@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Currently, the XHTML 2 access key is optional but not required.
> Charles, I have asked WCAG regarding the need for an author
> supplied keyboard option.
> John has suggested that we not supply an access key. For those, like
> Charles, who feel there is still a need please let me know.

Pointer / URI?

I am happy for it to be optional, but believe that is should be there
- it is useful to us, and anyone else who has an implementation that
doesn't conflict with basic system functionality.

cheers

Chaals

--
Charles McCathieNevile                     chaals@opera.com