Re: agreement: user disposes; disagreement: author proposes [was: Re: When actions speak louder than words]

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 14:25:14 +0100
To: "Richard Schwerdtfeger" <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Cc: "Al Gilman" <Alfred.S.Gilman@ieee.org>, "John Foliot" <foliot@bytowninternet.com>, wai-xtech@w3.org, wai-xtech-request@w3.org

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 02:50:22 +0100, Richard Schwerdtfeger
<schwer@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Currently, the XHTML 2 access key is optional but not required. Charles,
> I have asked WCAG regarding the need for an author supplied keyboard
> option.
> John has suggested that we not supply an access key. For those, like
> Charles, who feel there is still a need please let me know.

Pointer / URI?

I am happy for it to be optional, but believe that is should be there - it
is useful to us, and anyone else who has an implementation that doesn't
conflict with basic system functionality.

cheers

Chaals

--
Charles McCathieNevile                     chaals@opera.com