Re: XHTML 2.0 thread related to concept linking

From: Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 08:52:13 +0100
To: Al Gilman <Alfred.S.Gilman@ieee.org>
Cc: wai-xtech@w3.org

On 22/06/05, Al Gilman <Alfred.S.Gilman@ieee.org> wrote:

> What is in the current W3C style guide is better than nothing, but
> does not take full
> advantage of the scholarly citation infrastructure that exists and is
> widely used in
> scholarly publications, not do I think it is sufficient for the
> second, broader use above.
> Which is where the rubber hits the road for us.

More recent work:
http://xbiblio.sourceforge.net/index.html  seems to pick up
most of todays standards in this field.
<quote>Unlike existing solutions, Cite offers support for full
semantic coding of citations to the standards necessary in demanding
fields like history or law.</quote>

Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.
http://www.dpawson.co.uk