XHTML 2.0 thread related to concept linking

From: Al Gilman <Alfred.S.Gilman@IEEE.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 09:56:26 -0400
To: wai-xtech@w3.org

It will be interesting to see the upshot to Karl's question about
citations in XHTML 2.0

  http://www.w3.org/mid/AF6EFE41-BD0A-44DB-91FF-9D0B4DC69E78@w3.org

This is closely related to how we should propose that

- Terms of Art in technical writing
.. and similarlly
- any hard words in texts to be accessible to those with reading difficulty

are to be marked up and processed.

What is in the current W3C style guide is better than nothing, but
does not take full
advantage of the scholarly citation infrastructure that exists and is
widely used in
scholarly publications, not do I think it is sufficient for the
second, broader use above.
Which is where the rubber hits the road for us.

Al