[XAG] drop search from checkpoint 3.2

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 06:15:44 -0400 (EDT)
To: WAI Cross-group list <wai-xtech@w3.org>

3.2 Define navigable structures that allow discrete, sequential, structured,
and search navigation functionalities.

I think search -based navigation is a function that properly belongs to the
user agent, not the XML application, and so we should drop the search bit
from this checkpoint.

(I also propose to use direct instead of discrete - it seems clearer to
me...)

Proposed new text:

  Define navigable structures that allow direct, sequential, and
  structured, navigation functionalities.

cheers

Chaals

SWAD-E http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe ------------ WAI http://www.w3.org/WAI
 21 Mitchell street, FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia  fax(fr): +33 4 92 38 78 22