Re: WCAG 1.0 errata

Phill Jenkins wrote:

> Well, there is one W3C rec that does have "errata" and "translation" in the
> top matter - see [1].  I also agree that "techniques" could be added.

The Comm Team policy is now that errata and translations links
must appear in at least the head of the document.

I have resisted putting a Techniques link at the top of UAAG 1.0.
There are plenty of links to the Techs doc in the intro text
and at the beginning of the section on the Guidelines.

  _ Ian

> Also, what we just discussed in the ATAG working group was a "related
> document" link that would go back to the working group home page section
> with a list of peer and related documents (mini doc map) that would put the
> current doc in context with other documents. This section would of course
> map back the WAI home page for the other related resources.  ATAG is in the
> middle of ATAG 1.0, techniques, ATAG 1.x/wombat, it's associated
> techniques, a version with and without icons, evaluation techniques, etc.
> so a "related documents" link should prove useful.  WCAG is in a similar
> situation with WCAG 1.0, techniques, and WCAG 2.0.

Section 1.1 of UAAG 1.0 has a link to the WAI Resources page:

   http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-UAAG10-20020821/intro.html#context

  - Ian

> [1] Example of errata & translations in top matter of W3C spec
> http://www.w3.org/TR/P3P/
>
> Regards,
> Phill Jenkins,  (512) 838-4517
> IBM Research Division - Accessibility Center
> 11501 Burnet Rd,  Austin TX  78758    http://www.ibm.com/able
>

> Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu> on 09/16/2002 10:50:54 AM
>
> Please respond to gv@trace.wisc.edu
>
> To:    Phill Jenkins/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, jbrewer@w3.org
> cc:    w3c-wai-sc@w3.org
> Subject:    RE: WCAG 1.0 errata
>

> Problem now is that we can't add it without changing the doc.  (or
> putting it in errata - grin)
>
> Good idea for next time.
>
> I would like it to be EVEN MORE obvious though than the other links
>
> Also - a link to TECHNICAL SUPPORT DOCs for the guidelines (though that
> is what the techniques are)
>

> Gregg

> Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.
> Ind Engr - Biomed - Trace, Univ of Wis
> gv@trace.wisc.edu

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447