RE: WCAG 1.0 errata

Well, there is one W3C rec that does have "errata" and "translation" in the
top matter - see [1].  I also agree that "techniques" could be added.

Also, what we just discussed in the ATAG working group was a "related
document" link that would go back to the working group home page section
with a list of peer and related documents (mini doc map) that would put the
current doc in context with other documents. This section would of course
map back the WAI home page for the other related resources.  ATAG is in the
middle of ATAG 1.0, techniques, ATAG 1.x/wombat, it's associated
techniques, a version with and without icons, evaluation techniques, etc.
so a "related documents" link should prove useful.  WCAG is in a similar
situation with WCAG 1.0, techniques, and WCAG 2.0.

[1] Example of errata & translations in top matter of W3C spec
http://www.w3.org/TR/P3P/

Regards,
Phill Jenkins,  (512) 838-4517
IBM Research Division - Accessibility Center
11501 Burnet Rd,  Austin TX  78758    http://www.ibm.com/able

Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu> on 09/16/2002 10:50:54 AM

Please respond to gv@trace.wisc.edu