Re: logo

Nyree Hibberd wrote:

> Hello,
> My name is Nyree Hibberd and I work for a company that has developed an
> online administration and communication system named FlexIComm
> Software.  We are currently planning the next round of development and
> would like to address the many accessibility issues according to your
> guidelines.
>
> May I ask if there a W3C/WAI logo for companies that are 'in
> development' according to the WAI standards?  For example, what if we
> adhere to 60% of the guidelines after this development round...is there
> a logo that we can use that will indicate an ongoing committment to
> developing in line with your guidelines?

Hello Nyree,

First of all, to which set of Guidelines are you referring? We
have three:

1) Web Content (a W3C Recommendation, meaning this is a stable document)
2) Authoring Tool (currently a W3C Proposed Recommendation)
3) User Agent (currently a Working Draft in Last Call)

There are different levels of conformance possible for each Guidelines,
but there are only three levels available for each one. For instance,
you are "Level A" conformant if you satisfy all of the Priority 1
checkpoints.

I am happy to hear about your commitment to accessibility. Although
we do not have a way to conform to less than all the Priority 1
checkpoints,
I will be happy to assist you in achieving that level if I can.

 - Ian