Re: [wbs] response to 'EOWG Weekly Survey - 29 June 2015'

Hi Shadi,

> On 3 Jul 2015, at 08:13, Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org> wrote:
> Section "Timeline" says:
>
> [[
> Each of the following milestones will be developed in close coordination with EOWG and will be provided for review and feedback:
> ]]
>
> It then lists the interim deliverables and their approximate timing:
> - http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/2015/showcase-tf#timeline
>
> Is this sufficient indication of the review points and the anticipated close coordination with EOWG?

I think the only thing I would say about this is that while the milestones are clear it is not necessarily clear what will be reviewed. For example,  Q3 2015 indicates Development of scenarios, story boards, etc and Q4 2015 indicate a ‘first reviews’ activity. But it is not clear what will be reviewed. Are the story boards, scenes and scripts to be reviewed? or is it just the raw clips? Similarly in the 2016 milestones there is a ‘Review’ activity but not necessarily what will be reviewed at this point.

I think it just might help planning in both the TF and EO if the deliverables for review were clearly outlined. That then allows for a clear point to plan to for the TF, and EO will be clear on what is expected.

I suppose I am assuming that TFs are sort of black box units that work away for a while and then pop-up when something is complete. In which case, interim deliverables would be important considerations.

Generally I am just flagging this as something that I would include in a statement of work. This isn’t a big wavy stick type show stopper.

>> Minor edit: might 'performers' be better than 'protagonist', as protagonist
>> suggests the leading character but there may be other roles?
>
> Good point about protagonists but we also do not anticipate to hire actual performers either. I think protagonists is commonly used in filming and we can keep it for now. It is better than performers IMO.

I don’t think I was suggesting any hiring. More that protagonist is the focal point and I would have inferred that there is usually only one of them, but there may be others involved in the films. As I say minor point and not one I am losing sleep over ;)

Thanks

Kevin