EOWG charter -- Re: [wbs] response to 'EOWG Weekly Survey – 27 April 2015'

Hi Andrew,

On 4/27/2015 9:51 PM, Andrew Arch via WBS Mailer wrote:
>   * (x) I approve the charter and suggest the optional changes explained below.

> "1.1 Out of Scope" should be "1.2 Out of Scope"

Fixed.

> I didn't see any mention of HTML5 [1] or Digital Publishing [2] :(
> [1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/html-task-force
> [2] http://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Main_Page

Certainly these are two very important areas. So far the liaisons between accessibility and these areas have been through the technical Working Groups. Let us know if you see specific points for EOWG coordination and possible inclusion in the charter.

> Do the additional team resources listed (Kevin and Eric) have funding
> through the duration of this Charter? If not, I would like to see that
> specified for full transparency.

Judy and Jeff are working on providing appropriate information to the AB &/or AC. We'll keep in mind also providing that to EOWG. However, I don't think it will be part of the actual charter.

---

I also wanted to let you know that we've made minor tweaks to the charter. I don't expect any other changes.

Under scope, we changed from:
* Collaborating with other WAI Working Groups on the understandability, approachability, and ease-of-use of their deliverables, including for people who are new to web accessibility.

to:
* Collaborating with other WAI Working Groups on the understandability, approachability, and ease-of-use of their deliverables, where possible including coordinating with liaisons embedded in other groups.
* Developing support material, in collaboration with other WAI Working Groups, to help developers, designers, authors and others understand, use, and implement WAI standards, including introductory and advanced resources.

Best,