Charter comments - Re: [wbs] response to 'EOWG Weekly Survey – 27 April 2015'

Hi Melody,

On 4/26/2015 8:09 PM, Melody Ma via WBS Mailer wrote:
>   * (x) I approve the charter and suggest the optional changes explained below.
> I would like to see a more proactive approach to the "promotion" and
> "community engagement" parts of the charter. Many of the deliverables
> listed are documentation creation and updates that depend on inbound
> traffic vs. proactive outreach.

Thanks for completing the survey question on the EOWG charter and for this input.

We do announcements regularly -- usually a few times per month. <http://www.w3.org/WAI/about/announcements.php>, <http://www.w3.org/WAI/highlights/archive>

EOWG has done proactive outreach in the past -- for example, we did a promotional campaign for ATAG at CSUN 2014 (where we handed out cards, etc.) and we did some on these: <https://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/wiki/Main_Page#Promotion_and_Outreach> The charter leaves open for us to do more of this type of work.

The "Showcase examples" will provide a strong vehicle for outreach.

The "Widget Library" will be a good opportunity for community engagement. It is intended to provide a platform to help developers to find and share ready-made accessible components, including frameworks, templates, and widgets.

I look forward to your other ideas for proactive outreach.

---

I also wanted to let you know that we've made minor tweaks to the charter. I don't expect any other changes.

Under scope, we changed from:
* Collaborating with other WAI Working Groups on the understandability, approachability, and ease-of-use of their deliverables, including for people who are new to web accessibility.

to:
* Collaborating with other WAI Working Groups on the understandability, approachability, and ease-of-use of their deliverables, where possible including coordinating with liaisons embedded in other groups.
* Developing support material, in collaboration with other WAI Working Groups, to help developers, designers, authors and others understand, use, and implement WAI standards, including introductory and advanced resources.

Best,