Re: [wbs] response to 'EOWG Review: Standards Harmonization doc (June 2011)'

Jennifer,

Thanks for your comments. Replies below.

At 10:03 PM 6/27/2011 +0000, WBS Mailer on behalf of jsuttondc@gmail.com wrote:

>The following answers have been successfully submitted to 'EOWG Review:
>Standards Harmonization doc (June 2011)' (Education and Outreach Working
>Group) for Jennifer Sutton.
>
>---------------------------------
>Version
>----
>Which revision of the page do these comments apply to? The revision date
>is in the green box, after "Editors' Draft updated:", which is right under
>heading level 1.
>

>  * ( ) Date not listed here. (Please put the date in Date field below.)
>  * ( ) $Date: 2011-06-23$
>  * ( ) $Date: 2011/06/24 03:52:04 $
>  * (x) $Date: 2011-06-27$
>
>Date:
>June 27, 2011
>

>---------------------------------
>Comments
>----
>(remember to include priority, location, suggested revision, and rationale
>for each comment.)
>Comments (or a URI pointing to your comments):
>All comments are for editor's discretion.
>
>1.  Executive Summary:
>[JS: Add "On the other hand,"] [s]ome
>governments develop multiple divergent standards, potentially slowing
>progress towards the goal of an accessible Web.

Needed something there; trying it in this version to see how it
fits... It's very close, but sounds a bit casual. Re-trying "however..."

>2. Executive summary:
>"governments must spend more resources to develop alternate versions of
>technical references, training curricula, educational materials and other
>supporting resources;"
>
>Two comments:
>A.  Change the last occurrence of "resources" to information?
>B. Maybe, instead of "spend more resources," it should be "expend more
>human and financial resources?" Or perhaps it's implicit that it's not just
>about money.

Was trying to solve this overuse problem with "resources." Looking at
it again, I think we can just say "must spend more..."

>3.  Executive Summary:
>"Adopting or referencing [js: del of] widely
>recognized international Web accessibility standards in policies means
>that:
>policy makers, accessibility advocates, and industry proponents of Web
>accessibility benefit from years of international collaboration on the
>development of WCAG 2.0, other W3C/WAI standards, and supporting
>resources;"

thx

>4. Why Standards Harmonization Helps Web Accessibility
>
>"Web developers and content developers can"
>JS: Change to:
>"Web and content developers can . . ."

Changed it to:
"Web developers and content creators can more easily produce
accessible websites by using supporting software"

Thanks,

- Judy