Re: Encouraging positive feedback

From: Léonie Watson <lwatson@nomensa.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 17:35:28 +0000
To: "wai-eo-editors@w3.org" <wai-eo-editors@w3.org>
Good afternoon,

	Forgive my replying to my own email, but another thought occurred to me. Would it be possible to extend the resource to include an example template for a positive feedback email?

	Perhaps something like the following...

Subject: Accessibility of XYZ website

Dear [name or position of person you're writing to],

	I wanted to let you know that I found the XYZ website very accessible. I use [describe your access technology or computer adaptations] to access your website.

	When I visited your website I [describe what you were doing on the site] and I liked [describe the good points about your experience].

	It is great that XYZ organisation has thought about web accessibility. It really helps me because [describe how an accessible website benefits you].

Yours sincerely,
[Your name]

		I hope this suggestion isn't too presumptuous. I really do feel that positive feedback is a powerful tool, and one we should be advocating.

	There is a school of thought that says accessibility is a right, and not something we should offer thanks for. Access to information/services is undoubtedly a right, but I hope that doesn't preclude us from complementing organisations on a job well done.

Regards,
Léonie.

--
Nomensa - humanising technology

Léonie Watson  |  Director of Accessibility
t. +44 (0)117 929 7333    |

We are Nomensa! You can follow us on twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/we_are_Nomensa

Nomensa Email Disclaimer:
http://www.nomensa.com/email-disclaimer.html

© Nomensa Ltd
King William House
13 Queen Square
Bristol BS1 4NT

UK VAT registration: GB 771727411
Registered in the UK Company number: 4214477