Re: Experiences document - survey Comments - questions?

Hi Yeliz,

Thank you for addressing my comments, please find some responses below:

Yeliz Yesilada wrote:
> priority: editor's discretion
> location: experience #1 in section perceivable
> current wording: "Device is used in poor lighting"
> suggested revision: consider using the word "glare"
> rationale: I think the term is commonly used in the mobile field.
>
> YY: Proposed change:
>
> "Many screens have limited color palette and color difference is not
> presented. Device is used in poor lighting (for example, outdoors) and
> because of the glare, colors are not clearly perceived."

Consider "Device is *often* used ..." (added the word "often") or
similar so that the second sentence does not sound as absolute.

> priority: editor's discretion
> location: experience #7 in section perceivable
> current wording: "User who is blind or colorblind"
> suggested revision: explain impact on colorblind users
> rationale: It is not apparent why colorblind users can't perceive
> information in non-text content. Do you mean because they may use
> modified stylesheets or settings? Or because multimedia content
> typically has insufficient color combinations?
>
> YY: Proposed change:
>
> "Blind or color blind users can't perceive content. Color blind users
> often use alternative style-sheets and might not be able to access
> important information encoded in non-text content."

Do you mean to say "Blind or color blind users can't perceive *color*"
or "can't perceive *non-text content*" as opposed to just "*content*"?

> priority: editor's discretion
> location: experience #3 in section understandable
> current wording: physical properties of mobile devices
> suggested revision: add something about a generally different behavior
> between desktop and mobile devices, especially for auto-refresh
> rationale: developers may have a different expectation of content that
> "blinks, moves, scrolls or auto-updates" than when it is rendered on
> mobile devices. This is due to the difference in browser behavior.
>
> YY: Proposed change:
>
> "Reduced size of mobile viewport or poor ambient lighting make it
> difficult to see content. Mobile browsers can behave differently to
> Desktop browsers and may increase the cost if an auto-refreshed page is
> being left open or put unnoticed into the background."

Works much better but I wonder if the second sentence could be split.
For example to say "Mobile browsers can behave differently to Desktop
browsers, for example due to network and processing capabilities.
Auto-refreshed pages may also have cost implications if they are left
open or put unnoticed into the background."

Thanks,
   Shadi