From: Yeliz Yesilada [mailto:yesilady@cs.man.ac.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2008 10:39 AM
To: Lisa Pappas
Cc: wai-eo-editors@w3.org
Subject: Survey comments & questions

Hi Lisa,

Thanks so much for your comments in the surveyed. I have addressed
most of your comments, however I have a question for the following
two (see YY below):

priority: editor's discretion
location: Perceivable, table, row 3
current wording:
Mobile users often in public places (trains, hotel lobbies) turn off
sound; often in noisy places (streets, nightclubs) can't hear.
suggested revision:
Mobile users often turn off sound in public places (trains, hotel
lobbies) or in noisy places (streets, nightclubs).
rationale:
reads more clearly, better translation

YY: If I make the suggested change, then that will change the
meaning, but would you be happy if I change it like this: "Mobile
users cannot hear because they turn off sound or  they are in public
places such as train stations and hotel lobbies."

priority: editor's discretion
location: Global, MWBP 1.0 columns
current wording: links are in all caps, not initial caps, as others
(WCAG 1 and 2)
suggested revision: Use initial caps in link text to MWBP 1.0
rationale: Readability, consistency

YY: In the original Mobile Web Best Practices (MWBP) document, they
are capitalised and to keep it consistent, I would prefer to keep
them capitalised. Would you mind if we keep them capitalised or would
you like to discuss this at the EO meeting?

Regards,
Yeliz
School of Computer Science
The University of Manchester