RE: Web Accessibility -- Financial Factors

From: Shawn Lawton Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 12:11:06 -0500
To: "'Harvey Bingham'" <hbingham@acm.org>, "'WAI Editors'" <wai-eo-editors@w3.org>

Harvey,

Thank you for your review and comments on the business case.
I will post a revised version with your changes and other's changes
soon.

Replies to your comments are below surrounded by brackets [].
Let me know if you want to discuss any of them.

Regards,

~ Shawn

[DONE] 1. Update copyright notices to end through 2004

[added to changelog to link specific checkpoints] 2. References:

Add WCAG reference used herein, even though the overview general
reference
section was removed.

3. Editorial Lint:

My meta:

XdeleteX _insert_
(P2) paragraph 2
(S1) sentence 1
(B1) bullet 1

B1 How concerned is the organization with cutting Web-related costs?
[DONE]     B1  ... or might it _be_ in the future?
[DONE]     B2  ... or might it _be_ in the future?
[DONE]         ...alternat_iv_e

Financial Benefits

Increased Web Site Use

[DONE] P2 S1    ... get more funding Xand demonstrateX _by
demonstrating_

Increased potential use in more situations ...

[DONE] S1.   ...can _be used _ more easily Xbe usedX

Increases usability

[DONE] P1 S2 ...their goals XwithX _effectiveXnessXly with
efficiency_X,X and  satisfaction.

[explained right before the term "and to tell others about the site
("viral  marketing")"]  ?what is viral marketing?

Direct Cost Savings
[think "also" not required and don't want to add anything that gives
that point  more emphasis] S2 ...(which _also_ includes ...

Decreases cost of translating

[the point it to replace images with text and markup, so "rather than"
is correct,  not "in addition to"] S1 B4 ...markup Xrather thanX _in
addition to_