W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > October to December 2014

Minutes of teleconference of 23 October 2014

From: Jeanne Spellman <jeanne@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 14:51:42 -0400
Message-ID: <54494E3E.9030406@w3.org>
To: UAWG <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
Minutes:
http://www.w3.org/2014/10/23-ua-minutes.html




Text of Minutes:

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

     User Agent Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference

23 Oct 2014

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2014/10/23-ua-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Jeanne, Greg_Lowney, Kim_Patch, Kelly

    Regrets
           Jim, Jan

    Chair
           Jeanne, Kelly

    Scribe
           kford

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Test writing
          2. [5]Agenda for TPAC
          3. [6]removing the note in 1.4.3
          4. [7]Test writing
      * [8]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 23 October 2014

Test writing

    JS: Let's take up test writing.

    <jeanne> [9]https://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/work/wiki/Tests_for_CR

       [9] https://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/work/wiki/Tests_for_CR

    JS goes over tests that have been written.

    See the referneced link for details.

    JS: Take note of the items marked as at risk.
    ... Those are items we thought might be difficult to test or
    otherwise had issues.
    ... At TPAC we'd do a mixture of testing and discussing items
    that are at risk.

    KP goes over tests she's working on.

Agenda for TPAC

    JS: Plan is that someone will project screen showing tests and
    spreadsheet.

    JS We will then do some of these tests and be able to show
    what's currently available.

    JS: This way we'll know where we are and showing progress and
    gives us the advantage of having something interesting for
    observers.
    ... We will also look at at risk items, comments and such.
    ... We can do an intor to uaag, start some testing, look at
    comments.
    ... Sort of repeat the theme for each session i.e. morning and
    afternoon of each day.
    ... I'll turhn this into an agenda.
    ... There is a note in 1.4.3 that refers to somethng that's
    been removed.

    Resolution: Remove the note in 1.4.3.

    <jeanne> ACTION: jeanne to remove the note in 1.4.3 [recorded
    in [10]http://www.w3.org/2014/10/23-ua-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-1037 - Remove the note in 1.4.3 [on
    Jeanne F Spellman - due 2014-10-30].

removing the note in 1.4.3

    <jeanne> ACTION: jeanne to renumber 1.6 to reorder the AAA in
    the middle of the guideline. [recorded in
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2014/10/23-ua-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-1038 - Renumber 1.6 to reorder the
    aaa in the middle of the guideline. [on Jeanne F Spellman - due
    2014-10-30].

    See previous resolution, this item was covered.

Test writing

    See initial meeting comments. Jeanne talked about her
    experiences writing tests and plans.

    <jeanne>
    [12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-uaag2-comments/2
    014Oct/0002.html

      [12] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-uaag2-comments/2014Oct/0002.html

    <jeanne>
    [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-uaag2-comments/2
    014Oct/0001.html

      [13] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-uaag2-comments/2014Oct/0001.html

    <jeanne>
    [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-uaag2-comments/2
    014Sep/0013.html

      [14] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-uaag2-comments/2014Sep/0013.html

    The group will discuss comments at the TPAC meeting.

    <jeanne> [15]https://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/work/wiki/1.4.1

      [15] https://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/work/wiki/1.4.1

    The group goes back to discussing test writing.

    JS: Jan and I agreed that expected results should say that
    check item x is true.

    <jeanne> [16]https://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/work/wiki/1.4.1

      [16] https://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/work/wiki/1.4.1

    <jeanne>
    [17]https://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/work/wiki/Sample_pages_for_testin
    g

      [17] https://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/work/wiki/Sample_pages_for_testing

    JS: We made a list of what samples pages we needed and sample
    materials we need for testing.

    <jeanne> ACTION: Jeanne to post agenda for TPAC and include
    lists of links to current. Also update home page with these
    links. [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2014/10/23-ua-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-1039 - Post agenda for tpac and
    include lists of links to current. also update home page with
    these links. [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2014-10-30].

    JS: can we talk about the sample pages we need once.

    <jeanne>
    [19]https://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/work/wiki/Sample_pages_for_testin
    g

      [19] https://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/work/wiki/Sample_pages_for_testing

    Group talking more logistics of what is needed in test pages.

    Like to use u.s. fed government becuase it is public domain.

    Here is the press announcement talking about the FCC support
    using ASL.
    [20]http://www.fcc.gov/document/fcc-adds-american-sign-language
    -consumer-support-line-videophone

      [20] 
http://www.fcc.gov/document/fcc-adds-american-sign-language-consumer-support-line-videophone

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to post agenda for TPAC and include lists
    of links to current. Also update home page with these links.
    [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2014/10/23-ua-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: jeanne to remove the note in 1.4.3 [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2014/10/23-ua-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: jeanne to renumber 1.6 to reorder the AAA in the
    middle of the guideline. [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2014/10/23-ua-minutes.html#action02]

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 23 October 2014 18:51:49 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 14:49:46 UTC