W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > January to March 2012

Notes from sub-group organizing outstanding actions

From: Jeanne Spellman <jeanne@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 15:56:24 -0400
Message-ID: <4F70C9E8.30906@w3.org>
To: UAWG <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
These are the notes from the subgroup meeting today, which are mostly 
being sent to provide a searchable archive of the work we did in case 
future research is  required.

We went through the UAAG 2.0 master document and researched any open 
action items for the success criteria in 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, and 2.11

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

     UAWG SubGroup on Identifying Outstanding Actions Teleconference

26 Mar 2012

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2012/03/26-ua-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Greg, Jeanne, Kim

    Regrets
    Chair
           none

    Scribe
           Greg

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]2.8
          2. [5]2.9
      * [6]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 26 March 2012

    Re 2.7.5 there's a mysterious line in Jim's spreadsheet from
    TPAC but there was no SC with that number in the 20111104
    editor's draft.

    So we'll skip that one :-)

    Re 2.7.7 "Portable Preference Settings" there's open ACTION-641
    to wordsmith assigned to Jeanne.

    We think the original problem was how to limit it to
    accessibility issues. And Kelly felt it "would not fly".

    Re ACTION-520: Write a proposal for merging 2.7.1 and
    2.1.6...find that *back then*, 2.7.1 was "Discover" navigation
    and activation keystrokes" and 2.1.6 was "Present

    Direct Commands in Rendered Content".

    Those are discussed at
    [7]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2011AprJun/00
    04.html when the action item was created.

       [7] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2011AprJun/0004.html

    Did we do that last week?

    Last week, perhaps after the call, Kim and Greg worked on this
    after the call and Greg sent email to the list titled
    "ACTION-656: reconciling 2.3.2, 2.3.x, and 2.3.4"

    So ACTION-520 is a duplicate of ACTION-656.

    So I think we're done with 2.7.

    There are no action items or "No" entries in the TPAC
    spreadsheet for 2.7.8.

    <jeanne> When the user completes these questions, appropriate
    browser options are configured and stored and all future web
    content is rendered according to these options.

    That's re the in-line editor's note on 2.7.8, saying we should
    add another example of persistence.

    Changing the example #3 to add that sentence.

    <jeanne> ACTION: Jan to locate a link to Jutta's work on SCORM
    for 2.7.8 Resources [recorded in
    [8]http://www.w3.org/2012/03/26-ua-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-719 - Locate a link to Jutta's work
    on SCORM for 2.7.8 Resources [on Jan Richards - due
    2012-04-02].

2.8

    There are no "No" entries from the TPAC for 2.8, but there are
    two open action items. The first is ACTION-513 on Jim about
    creating a new SC for toolbar show/hide, and the second is
    ACTION-514 on Greg is about definition of toolbar or scoping
    toolbar-related SC.

    "ACTION-513: Write SC on general toolbar show/hide and such."

    Jeanne is noting those two open action items for Guideline 2.8
    in the editor's draft.

    Clarification, our methodology today is going through SC in the
    current editor's draft, in order, checking to see if there are
    any open action items or No entries from Jim's TPAC spreadsheet
    about them, and if marking those in the new editor's draft (if
    not already done).

2.9

    Guideline 2.9 (former 2.3) - Allow time-independent interaction

    Nothing in Jim's spreadsheet.

    Action items about 2.9 are:

    <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - items

    ACTION-473 (edit) open Move editors notes 2.9.12 to
    implementing document

    ACTION-503 (edit) open Rewrite IER for 2.9.2 for next week Feb
    17

    ACTION-504 (edit) open Rewrite 2.9.1 ier for next week.

    ACTION-505 (edit) open With JA to consider how multimedia and
    executable requirements in 2.9 might be improved?

    ACTION-518 (edit) open Combine 2.9.2-4 into 1 sc with IER

    473 and 505 are not noted in the current draft.

    But 473 was about the SC that's now 2.11.12.

    I just changed the title of 473 to reflect that it's now
    2.11.12 (rather than 2.9.12).

    It looks like all five of those SC with 2.9 in the title are
    about what's now 2.11, multimedia and executable content.

    504 was about Background Image Toggle, which was 2.9.1 but is
    now 2.11.1.

    Changed title of 504l.

    s/5041/504/

    Changed title of 505.

    Thus there are NO open action items re (the current) 2.9.

    The 2.9 Summary has a red border, but is just an artifact that
    wasn't fully deleted.

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Jan to locate a link to Jutta's work on SCORM for
    2.7.8 Resources [recorded in
    [9]http://www.w3.org/2012/03/26-ua-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
Received on Monday, 26 March 2012 19:56:32 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 26 March 2012 19:56:33 GMT