Re: Please insert an explicit requirement for user agents to convert aria-activedescendant into MSAA for focus and location

Jonathan,
Please review UAAG20 4.1.1, 4.1.2, and 4.1.6
http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2011/ED-IMPLEMENTING-UAAG20-20110922/#gl-AT-access
these Success Criteria cover the browser supporting the platform
accessibility architecture (eg. MSAA)(4.1.1), reporting the name,
role, state, value, and description of elements to the accessibility
architecture (4.1.2), and  providing the bounding dimensions and
coordinates of rendered onscreen elements (the group made a word
change today to make this bit more clear...it will be in the next
draft) (4.1.6).

Though we don't cover your request explicitly, we believe your point
is covered by the above. Your request is very specific. UAAG20, as it
is currently written, is a much higher level document and doesn't go
to the depth of detail that was expressed in your request.

Jim