browser detection of touch browsing

From: Jim Allan <jimallan@tsbvi.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 13:48:24 -0500
To: "'WAI-UA list'" <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
This is an interesting article. Speaks to device independence. Perhaps we
need something in GL 4. Alistair talks about a JavaScript to do the
sniffing. Though it seems the browser should communicate or translate the
user keypress/movement/etc javascript or server so the functionality of the
site is not impaired.

http://alastairc.ac/2010/03/detecting-touch-based-browsing/

Thoughts?

1100 W. 45th St., Austin, Texas 78756