Re: Minutes: User Agent Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference 08 Apr 2010

From: Patrick H. Lauke <patrickl@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 23:40:15 +0100
To: "'WAI-UA list'" <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
On 08/04/2010 19:39, Jim Allan wrote:

> <scribe>  ACTION: js to add "3.6.2 Preserve Distinctions: The user has the
> ability to preserve distinctions in the size of rendered text when that text
> is rescaled (e.g., headers continue to be larger than body text) within
> absolute limitations imposed by the platform. (Level A)" to draft [recorded
> in http://www.w3.org/2010/04/08-ua-minutes.html#action05]

Can I propose a slight turning inside out of this to make it clear that
the user's control is on the min/max, rather than on whether or not the
distinction should be preserved in the first place (which is what
browsers do already by default anyway)?

"3.6.2 Distinction in the size of rendered text are preserved when that
text is rescaled (e.g. [...]) within absolute limitations imposed by the
platform. (Level A)"

Possible AA follow-up: "The user has the ability to define minimum and
maximum text sizes"

Thoughts?

Patrick H. Lauke

Web Evangelist