ACTION-195 - Reword 4.5.4 Accessibility Portable Profiles

From: Jim Allan <jimallan@tsbvi.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 15:03:47 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
Action 195 [1]
Reword 4.5.4 Accessibility Portable Profiles: Sets of preferences are stored
as separate files (allowing them to be transmitted electronically). to
reflect ISO wording.

Current wording - editors draft [2]
4.5.3 Portable Profiles: Sets of preferences are stored as separate files
(allowing them to be transmitted electronically). (Level AAA)

Current wording - survey proposal [3]
4.5.4 Portable Profiles: Sets of preferences are stored as separate files
(allowing them to be transmitted electronically). (Level AAA)

ISO wording from Greg's comment #7 [4]
8.2.6 Provide capability to use preference settings across locations.
Software should permit users to transfer their preference settings easily
onto a compatible system

<proposed>
4.5.4 Portable Profiles: Provide capability to use preference settings
across locations on a compatible system. (Level AAA)

1. http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/tracker/actions/195
2. http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2009/ED-UAAG20-20090506/
3. http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/36791/20090527/results#xq5
4. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2009AprJun/0094.html