UAAG2: Ideas for 10.1

From: Jan Richards <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 11:54:06 -0500
To: WAI-UA list <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>

As per my action item from last week
(http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2008JanMar/0022.html):

I don't think this is fully worked out, but it might make sense to pair
it with our reworded "2.3 Render Conditional Content":
http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2008/WD-UAAG20-20080110/WD-UAAG20-20080110.html#tech-conditional-content)

POTENTIAL NEW WORDING:

X.Y Provide associated orientation information

Level A

1. For content in a hierarchy (e.g., nested frame), provide access to
the path of nodes leading from the root.

2. For content in a graphical layout (e.g., table cell, map location)
allow the user to access information about associations (e.g., relevant
table header(s), map coordinates).

Level AA

N/A

Level AAA

N/A

CURRENT WORDING:

10.1 Associate table cells and headers (P1)

1. For graphical user agents that render tables, for each table cell,
allow the user to view associated header information.