RE: Draft UAWG Charter

From: Jim Allan <jimallan@tsbvi.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 09:17:38 -0500
To: "'David Poehlman'" <poehlman1@comcast.net>, "'Jan Richards'" <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>, "'WAI-UA list'" <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>

Comments inline prefaced by <jim>
Jim

-----Original Message-----
David Poehlman wrote on April 3, 2008:

I have three thoughts and would like discussion if relevant:

1> Where do we go after 2.0?
<jim> Hmm, good question. I propose adding the following to the list of
Deliverables UAAG 2.0 is a Recommendation:
Developing test suites for user agents that render HTML and CSS.
Developing test suites for user agents that render audio, video and
animations.</jim>

2> What if section 508...?
<jim> The formal report from the TEITAC committee is now in the hands of the
Access Board. Several members of the working group were part of that
committee and tracked issues related to application and content
accessibility. As we move through UAAG 2.0 development we will address any
harmonization issues as they arise. </jim>

3> in voting, can we have for with comments? and also there is no mention of
logging objections.

<jim> The voting is for, against, or abstain. Any comments and objections
will be noted in the minutes of the vote.</jim>

Thanks!