Re: User Agent Teleconference for December 7 2006

On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 23:10:44 +0530, Jan Richards
<jan.richards@utoronto.ca> wrote:

> Jim Allan wrote:

>> 11.2 Current author input configuration (P2)
>> ok. The user can find the author-specified input configurations.
>> Should the user be able to override (change) these input configurations
>> in the UA, or should that be the function of AT?
>> For those who do not use AT, but have a need to change the input
>> configurations, I lean towards having the UA provide a mechanism for
>> changing the author-specified input configurations. Currently, we have
>> no guidelines, checkpoints, etc. pertaining to changing the
>> author-specified input configurations...should we?
>
> JR: Good point, but might be confusing if site content refers to
> keystrokes that no longer work. Maybe a P3?

This is why the responsibility for pointing out these bindings must belong
to the user agent. Suggesting that Opera Mini should not change the
bindings is crazy, but clearly this means the author should not specify
the keybindings in content (since they may change).

cheers

Chaals

chaals@opera.com          Try Opera 9 now! http://opera.com