Re: Accessible user agents that support MathML?

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 07:34:50 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org

amp;In-Reply-To=&lt;1054474543.851.72.camel@seabright&gt;&amp;References=&lt;1054474543.851.72.camel@seabright&gt;Content-Type: text/plain
Date: 02 Jun 2003 07:34:49 -0400

A few other threads on this:

1) Email from B.K. DeLong (3 Mar 2003) on some attempts
   to make math accessible on the Web

2) Mozilla seems to support both MathML and APIs for access
   by screen readers:
   Refer to:

   And MathML in list of supported specs:

   I don't have any experience with Mozilla and MathML, however.

Comments and suggestions from Mozilla folks welcome.

 - Ian

> A colleague asked me if I was aware of any user agents
> that support MathML and that are accessible to users
> with blindness. I welcome any advice that I may
> forward to my colleague.
> It may also be that there are accessible solutions
> for putting math on the Web that don't involve MathML; if so,
> please let me know.
> It would also be valuable to conduct a UAAG 1.0
> evaluation on a MathML user agent.
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447