Minutes of 29 May UAWG teleconf

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: 29 May 2003 14:46:27 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org

Hello,

Turnout was light today: Matt, Colin, Ian.
Previous meeting: 15 May (minutes [1]).
Next meeting: 12 June

Conversation was casual about:

 * UAWG ftf meeting in Sep on West Coast (USA)
 * Colin's progress on test suites
 * Next steps for XHTML 2.0 comments

Actions:

 IJ: Talk to Steven Pemberton about XHTML 2.0 comemnts
 MM: Send in review comments about XHTML 2.0 comments
 MM: Continue exploring ftf mtg options

IRC log:

 <Ian> -----------
<Ian> Charter discussion
<Ian> IJ: JG sent draft charter to Team; awaiting comments
<Ian> --------------------
<Ian> User Agent face-to-face Meeting in Fall
<Ian> MM: I'm going to be contacting people in Silicon Valley area.
<Ian> MM: Working out list of contacts.
<Ian> MM: Ideas - Apple as host?
<Ian> MM: Mozilla firebird team another group to be thinking about.
<Ian> MM: Meeting at Netscape offices?
<Ian> [Contact: Tom Wlodkowsky]
<Ian> IJ: Mobile area?
<Ian> MM: For a heavy mobile participation, would be better off in Asia.
<Ian> MM: IBM?
<Ian> Adobe
<Ian> Hewlett-Packard
<Ian> Macromedia?
<Ian> Sun?
<Ian> Matt to follow up with these contacts, and mobile folks in the
neighborhood.
<Ian> MM: Proposed to meet early September (or late august)
<Ian> ----------------------
<Ian> Test suite developmen t
<Ian> CK: Waiting to have account on tux.
<Ian> ...expect to fix broken links in some tests.
<Ian> ...some test suite issues
<Ian> http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2002/12/issues-ts-html
<Ian> CK: Not sure how people will input tests; coordinate new areas of
test.
<Ian> CK: I think that html tests could use refining.
<Ian> MM: the eval form generator will need some extra work.
<Ian> MM: I'll be on this during June.
--> m3mSEA (mcmay@18.29.0.27) has joined #ua
<Ian> MM: Take test suites to testing people
<Ian> MM: Ask them what kind of test data they need within their
operations
<Ian> [discussion of momentum, management of test work]
<Ian> Mercury interactive
<Ian> Located in Sunnyvale
<Ian> IJ: CK, what do you need to be doing your work?
<Ian> CK: Initially, just an account.
<Ian> ------------------------------
<Ian> XHTML 2.0 comments
<Ian> http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2003/05/xhtml2-comments.html
<Ian> Action IJ: talk to Steven Pemberton about these.
<Ian> MM: Bringing comments from PF may be a way to get discussion in
UAWG.
<Ian> IJ: I'll find out from Steven how to usefully talk to the HTML WG.
<Ian> Action MM: Send comments on the xhtml2-comments.html
<Ian> IJ: Feel free to edit in place.
<Ian> Next meeting: 12 June
<Ian> Regrets: MM

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2003AprJun/0019

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447