Re: Fwd: OASIS Members Propose TC for User Interface Markup Language (UIML)

From: Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples@mtu-net.ru>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 13:38:57 +0300
To: Harvey Bingham <hbingham@acm.org>, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org

On Wednesday 06 November 2002 6:33 pm, Harvey Bingham wrote:
|  An OASIS technical Committee for the User Interface Markup Language
|  (UIML) is being formed to develop a specification for an abstract

I see problem with participating in OASIS projects, as membership in those
projects is *not free*.
We have faced this problem when OASIS announced
Technical Committee for Open Office XML File Format

Some of KOffice developers were interested to join, but high membership fee
doesn't allow to participate.
Pls let me know if there is any solution for this problem you are aware of.

| meta-language that can provide a canonical XML representation of any user
| interface (UI). The language should be capable of specifying the
| requirements, design, and implemenltation of any UI. The TC will use UIML
| v3.0 as a starting point and
|  expects to deliver a revised spec within eight months.
|       http://xml.coverpages.org/ni2002-10-29-c.html
|  I see no awareness of explicit accessibility concerns in that reference.
|  Regards/Harvey

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)
KDE mini-Themes