Re: UAAG 1.0: Some Linux Issues

From: Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples@mtu-net.ru>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 13:31:14 +0300
To: JP Schnapper-Casteras <jp_sc@yahoo.com>, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org

On Wednesday 28 August 2002 4:36 am, JP Schnapper-Casteras wrote:
[...]
|  Possible Action Item (for me and /or someone else who volunteers): talk
|  to the creators of Konqueror and Nautilis (which uses Mozilla's
|  rendering engine).  Also, talk to the developers of multimedia players.

Just a small note:  I recently asked people on Nautilus list, what is their
position on web browsing/Mozilla integration in nautilus.
Short answer:  Nautilus2 is File Manager (and there is no Mozilla dependency
in current builds, or in ver. 2.0).  GNOME's Web Browser is Galeon.
Nautilus 2.2 would have Web View (and would use Galeon2 for this task, when
Galeon2 is ready)
AFAIK release is planned for January, but it may be delayed, though.

Hope this helps a little bit.
--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)