Congratulations Re: UAAG 1.0 Advances to Proposed Recommendation

Congratulations folks.

The hard work that everyone has put into this document shows, and I hope it
will prove to be an important building block for a more accessible Web. In
many ways, of course, it already is - forward-looking developers have been
using the drafts of this group for some time...

Chaals

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Ian B. Jacobs wrote:

>Dear UAWG,
>
>I'm very pleased to announce that the Director has
>advanced UAAG 1.0 [1] to Proposed Recommendation status [2].
>This is a four-week review period during which time the
>W3C Membership expresses its endorsement of the document.
>After the review period, if there is consensus, the document
>will become a W3C Recommendation; I hope this will happen
>by mid-December.
>
>During this time, the UAWG should:
>
>  * Develop a UAAG 1.0 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) sheet;
>  * Continue to gather implementation experience;
>  * Encourage W3C Members to endorse the document in their
>    review comments.
>
>Thank you, and congratulations.
>
>  _ Ian
>
>[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/PR-UAAG10-20021016/
>[2] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process-20010719/tr#RecsPR

SWAD-E http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe ------------ WAI http://www.w3.org/WAI
 21 Mitchell street, FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia  fax(fr): +33 4 92 38 78 22