Re: [Clarifications] Content focus, Visual Text

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 00:39:54 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>

"Ian B. Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/WD-UAAG10-20020708/
>
> 1) Checkpoint 9.1 starts:
>
>     "1. Provide at least one content focus for each viewport
>     (including frames) where enabled elements are part of the
>     rendered content."

Tom Gilder raised in wai-ig the fact that the above also needs to cover
elements with CSS overflow property set to produce scrollbars - the
element with the scrollbars needs to be able to recieve focus - Mozilla
currently does not make these elements accessible, and IE requires the use
of the proprietary tabindex extension as an author.

I propose changing "including frames" to "including frames, and any
element which can be scrolled" (or similar)

Jim.