Re: [PROPOSAL] Checkpoint 4.1Configure text size.

From: gregory j. rosmaita <oedipus@hicom.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 12:45:35 -0400 (EDT)
To: "Ian B. Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>
cc: Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu>, Tantek Celik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
JRG: I guess it comes down to whether the working group trusts developers
to pick an usable lower limit or the user agent guidelines requiring a
lower limit in many cases that is clearly not usable by anyone (e.g. 1
point).  I really don't think any user agent developer who wants people to
use their technology would hardwire the largest size font size for a
particular font family.
IJ: I agree that that is unlikely.

GJR: unlikely, but not unimaginable...  however, since stranger
implementation decisions have been made in the past and continue to be
made as we type, in the interest of moving UAAG forward, i vote to curtail
further discussion on the topic and to leave checkpoint 4.1 unaltered --
especially in light of the feedback obtained from people in the
internationalization working and interest groups...

ontologically, gregory.
He that lives upon Hope, dies Farting.
     Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, 1736