W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > January to March 2001

AGENDA: W3C User Agent Teleconference for 29 March 2001

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 12:12:08 -0600
Message-Id: <>
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
WAI UA Telecon for March 29th, 2001

Chair: Jon Gunderson
Date: Thursday, 29 March 2001
Time: 2:00-3:30 pm Eastern Standard Time, USA
Call-in: Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617) 252-1038


Review Action Items (see details below)


    1.Read the 23 March UAAG Working Draft.

    2.New list for issues that will be considered in the next version of 
the guidelines


    1.Issue #468: 11.3 (single-key binding): "At least a majority" minimal 
requirement needs review

    2.Issue #467: Checkpoints 3.2/3.7: User needs to be able to toggle off 
as well as on (e.g., for a user with a
      cognitive disability).

    3.Issue #449: Create an executive summary for UAAG 1.0

    4.Last call scheduling options

    5.Vote to go to last call

    6.Techniques document review


Chair:Jon Gunderson

Scribe: Ian Jacobs


Eric Hansen

Action Item Summary

Open Action Items

    1.IJ: Coordinate usability testing of the guidelines (JRG volunteers to 
be one of the testers).
      Source: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0137

    2.IJ: Write an executive summary appendix.
      Source: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0200

    3.JG: Propose text for the techniques document about synthesized speech 
implementation issues. Notably UA and
      AT wanting to use the same synthesizer engine.

    4.JG: Take to WAI PF the requirement that formats need to provide a 
more precise means for specifying events
      (than HTML allows for).
      Source: http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2001/03/ua-minutes

    5.JG: Create a wish list of other requirements not in UAAG 1.0, 
including those that might fall under this Guideline.
      Source: http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2001/03/ua-minutes

    6.JG: Write up some techniques for checkpoints on scripts on/off about 
subsetting the configuration.
      Source: http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2001/03/ua-minutes

    7.JG: Take to the WAI CG the question of pursuing the DOM Views and 
Formatting module.
      Source: http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2001/03/ua-minutes

    8.JG: Call Cindy King about formats that support separate windows for 
captioning information
      Source: http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2001/03/ua-minutes

    9.TL: Ask someone from Microsoft whether they will evaluate the 
guidelines with a product.
      Deadline: 2/1/2001
      Source: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0137

   10.TL: Report to WG on discussions at Microsoft about keyboard emulation.
      Source: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0227

   11.TL: I got a lot of shrugs and little interest about this. I'll send a 

   12.CMN: Find out from SYMM WG whether repositioning of objects will 
appear in the spec (or should be in
      Source: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0357

   13.RS: Send pointer to information about universal access gateway to the 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0258meeting not 
yet held

Completed Action Items

    1.JG: Create issue list for things that need to be addressed in the 
next version of the document

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
Coordinator of Assistive Communication and Information Technology
Division of Rehabilitation - Education Services
College of Applied Life Studies
University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
1207 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL  61820

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248

E-mail: jongund@uiuc.edu

WWW: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~jongund
WWW: http://www.w3.org/wai/ua
Received on Wednesday, 28 March 2001 13:09:12 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 14:49:30 UTC