control over focus styling in IE

From: Al Gilman <asgilman@iamdigex.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 14:34:15 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org

Jon,

In

 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/1999JulSep/0203.html

you said

6.6 Allow the user to control focus highlighting (e.g., foreground and
background color). [Priority 1]
Yes, through OS display conventions

Where is that controlled?  In the Display control panel I find lots of
things but I failed to find the styling [perturbation] used to mark the
content focus.  Is it in there somewhere?  The high contrast option is some
help, but I haven't found anything for focus comparable to the way one can
substitute a more prominent mouse pointer.

I am running Win98 SE, IE 5.5.

Al