Some editorial and clarification comments on 23 March Draft

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:43:50 -0600
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
1. Placeholders discussed in checkpoints for Guideline 3 should be added to
the list of enabled element defintion

2. It seems the current priority 3 checkpoint 2.8 can be satisfied by the
Priority 2 checkpoint 2.7, since 2.8 points back to the features of 2.7 as
a solution.  I don't think this was the indention of 2.8.

a. 2.8 was originally only about images and I am not sure the general
conditional content substitution works for this checkpoint with any known
results.

b. Proposed new checkpoint 2.8:

<NEW>
2.8 Allow configuration so that when the author has intentionally provided
empty conditional content (alt="") for an image element, the user agent
does not render the image (i.e. CSS display property of the image is set to
"none").
[Priority 3]
</NEW>
MC-574