Re: Product accessibility documentation dissenting report

Harvey Bingham wrote:

> In 10.2 Document all user agent features that benefit accessibility.
> [Priority 1]
>
>      where: Document is linked to the documentation glossary entry.
>
> I think the "in platform-specific accessibility guidelines" of 10.5
> should also appear in 10.2.

Done (for next draft).

> 10.3 Document the default input configuration (e.g., the default keyboard
> bindings). [Priority 1]
>
> I'd like a note discouraging remapping of commonly used platform-specific
> default keyboard bindings. [Are there conflicting keyboard mapping effects
> across platforms?]

I don't think that's necessary here (in the section about
documentation) since that requirement is covered by a checkpoint:

   "Ensure that default input configurations do not
    interfere with operating environment accessibility
    conventions."

> 10.4 adds: "In a dedicated section of the documentation, describe all
> features of the user agent that benefit accessibility. [Priority 2]"
>
> Together 10.2 and 10.4 meets my desire, though both are restrictive
> about subject of the documentation to which it applies. That is not what
> the glossary term asserts.

I'm not sure I understand. For instance, it would satisfy the
requirements of this document that the centralized view be on the
vendor's Web site.

> 10.5 In each software release, document all changes that affect
> accessibility. [Priority 2]
>
> Note: Features that affect accessibility are listed in this document and in
> platform-specific accessibility guidelines
>
> In the note above, "this document" I read as this UA Guidelines.

You read correctly: the UAAG talks about features that affect
accessibility.

> Change to "that software release document".
>
> I think the "in platform-specific accessibility guidelines" should also
> appear in 10.2.

Done as mentioned above.

> Add to the note:
>
> "Resolution of any conflicts between accessibility use in the user agent
> overriding those in the platform-specific accessibility guidelines
> should be emphasized, as such exceptions to familiar behavior can be
> disorienting."  For example, does CTRL-D mean down or delete? Avoid
> reassignment for a user agent that results in a destructive irreversible
> actions.

Ok.

Thanks Harvey,