W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > January to March 2001

AGENDA: W3C WAI User Agent Teleconference 8 March 2001

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 20:17:48 -0600
Message-Id: <4.3.1.2.20010307201522.012d59c8@staff.uiuc.edu>
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
WAI UA Telecon for March 8th, 2001

Chair: Jon Gunderson
Date: Thursday, 8 March 2001
Time: 2:00-4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, USA
Call-in: Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617) 252-1038

Agenda

Review Action Items (see details below)

Announcements

None

Discussion

    1.Issue 464: Applicability clause needs review since "role" not always 
known from format (e.g., captions in SMIL)
      http://server.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear-lc2.html#464

    2.Issue 463: Create section on how to refer to UAAG from other 
specifications
      http://server.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear-lc2.html#463

    3.Issue 462: Merging checkpoints related to automatic refresh (3.5) and 
redirection (3.6)
      http://server.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear-lc2.html#462

    4.Issue 449: Create an executive summary for UAAG 1.0
      http://server.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear-lc2.html#449

    5.Issue 430: Checkpoint 3.2: Animations, not just animated images
      http://server.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear-lc2.html#430

    6.Proposal to change wording of checkpoints that refer to "current 
viewport"
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0324.html

    7.Review of new checkpoints for the accessibility of elements with 
event handlers
      http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2001/03/ua-minutes

    8.Review of new checkpoints for speech adjustability
      http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2001/03/ua-minutes

Open Action Items

    1.IJ: Coordinate usability testing of the guidelines (JRG volunteers to 
be one of the testers).
      Source: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0137.html

    2.IJ: Write an executive summary appendix.
      Source: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0200.html

    3.IJ: Find clearer wording for the phrase "optional content" especially 
when used in the phrase "required optional content".
      Source: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0258.html

    4.IJ: Put back rationale about why user control of optional content is 
required (to allow users to find useful equivalents)
      Source: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0258.html

    5.IJ: Update document based resolution of the "definition issues" proposal
      Source: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0258.html
      Proposed:
      Source: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0258.html

    6.IJ: Add clarify note to checkpoint 7.5 (searching)
      Source: http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2001/03/ua-minutes

    7.IJ: Add technnique to checkpoint 8.9 (fee links)
      Source: http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2001/03/ua-minutes

    8.IJ: Craft a demo guideline to convey themessage of user control over 
the UI.
      Source: http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2001/03/ua-minutes

    9.IJ: Propose text for how other documents should reference UAAG 1.0
      Source: http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2001/03/ua-minutes

   10.IJ: Distinguish techniques for fast forward versus faster palying 
(digital talking books), and point to digital talking books
      Source: http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2001/03/ua-minutes

   11.IJ: Add a Note to checkpoint 4.4.pointing to applicability provision 
about streaming and whether slow/etc.control enabled by
      the format.
      Source: http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2001/03/ua-minutes

   12.JG: Implementation information for guideline 2

   13.JG: Propose text for the techniques document about synthesized speech 
implementation issues. Notably UA and AT wanting to
      use the same synthesizer engine.

   14.JG: Create issue list for things that need to be addressed in the 
next version of the document

   15.JG: Write a proposal related to the expected actions as the result of 
triggering events associated with the focused element.
      Source: http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2001/03/ua-minutes

   16.JG: Take to WAI PF the requirement that formats need to provide a 
more precise means for specifying events (than HTML
      allows for).
      Source: http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2001/03/ua-minutes

   17.JG: Create a wish list of otherrequirements not in UAAG 1.0, 
including those that might fall under thisGuideline.
      Source: http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2001/03/ua-minutes

   18.JG: Write up some techniques forcheckpoint on scripts on/off about 
subsetting the configuration.
      Source: http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2001/03/ua-minutes

   19.JG: Take to the WAI CG the question ofpursuing the DOM Views and 
Formatting module.
      Source: http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2001/03/ua-minutes

   20.JG: Call Cindy King about formats that support separate windows for 
captioning information
      Source: http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2001/03/ua-minutes

   21.GL: Ask someone from Microsoft whether they will evaluate the 
guidelines with a product.
      Deadline: 2/1/2001
      Source: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0137.html

   22.GR: Review checkpoints in Guideline 10 for implementation information

   23.GR: Talk to National Tech Center at AFBabout possible information on 
importance of documentation to users withdisabilities.
      Source: http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2001/03/ua-minutes

   24.HB: Talk to Geoff Freed (WGBH) about formats that support separate 
windows for captioning information
      Source: http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2001/03/ua-minutes

   25.JA: Review checkpoints in Guideline 4 for implementation information

   26.TL: Report to WG on discussions at Microsoft about keyboard emulation.
      Source: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0227.html

   27.RS: Send pointer to information about universal access gateway to the WG.
      Source: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0258.html

   28.RS: Write to w3c-wai-ua asking whether,within IE, it's possible to 
simulate mouse button events in a way that wouldgenerate
      an appropriate event object. Can we get the box from IE.
      Source: http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2001/03/ua-minutes

Completed Action Items

    1.CMN: Propose an algorithm to the generate a window containing caption 
information to UAWG and to ERT based on
      combining different separate sources of video and captioning 
information using SMIL and XSLT.
      Source: http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2001/03/ua-minutes
      Completed: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0305.html

    2.CMN: Propose a definition of animation.I think it does overlap with 
video and animated images. Provide a definitionthat makes
      clear why "animated images" are not explicitly mentioned in 4.4 
andwhy video and animated images are both in 3.2
      Source: http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2001/03/ua-minutes
      Completed: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0306.html

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
Coordinator of Assistive Communication and Information Technology
Division of Rehabilitation - Education Services
MC-574
College of Applied Life Studies
University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
1207 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL  61820

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248

E-mail: jongund@uiuc.edu

WWW: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~jongund
WWW: http://www.w3.org/wai/ua
Received on Wednesday, 7 March 2001 21:15:13 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 14:49:29 UTC