From: w3c-wai-ua-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ua-request@w3.org]On Behalf
Of Al Gilman
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2001 12:50 PM
To: Denis Anson; Jon Gunderson; w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Subject: RE: Issue 454: Raising Priority of Checkpoints 3.6 and 3.7 related
to automatic updates or redirects of content

At 08:22 AM 2001-01-23 -0500, Denis Anson wrote:
>Jon,
>
>It would certainly appear that if a user agent is changing the content is
>some unprompted fashion (presumably time dependent), then the information
>would be inaccessible to a person who requires extra time to absorb the
>information.  Since this makes that content impossible to access, that
would
>make these P1 issues.

AG::

On the other hand, does the user have the ability to go back after a pushed
change in the content?  It is also possible to argue for P2 on the grounds
that
extracting the information becomes quite hard, but not flat out impossible.

Al

PS:  I am afraid this issue throws me back into a tailspin about the
interpretation of the priority levels.  This is a case where it is not clear
that the distinctions used in the WCAG are the right sort of policy
breakpoints
for a User Agent guide.

I really think that User Agents SHOULD _all_ provide the user with this
kind of
control.  The only problem I see here is in using language to explain why
that
User Agent developers will take as objective and reasonable.