ACTION ITEM: Things that can be recognized in scripting language for vieport control

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 20:03:58 -0600
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
There are seven main types of information that I think a user agent could
recognize in scripts that are associated with our checkpoints related to
control of viewports, focus, styling effects and form submission.  Examples
for JavaScript are provided.

1. Opening a new window

	for Javascript:

	myWindow.open("www.w3.org", "My New Window");
	myWindow.showHelp(URI);

2. Closing a window

	for Javascript:

	myWindow.close()

3. Changing focus to another window

	For Javascript:

	myWindow.focus();

4. Changing the URI rendered in the current view port

	For Javascript:

	myWindow.home();
	myWindow.forward();
	myWindow.back();
	myWindow.navigate("http://www.w3.org");

	myWindow.history.back();
	myWindow.history.forward();
	myWindow.history.go( -2 );

	location.href = "http://www.w3.org"
	location.reload();
	location.replace("http://www.w3.org");

5. Submitting forms:

	For Javascript:

	document.form[0].submit();
	document.all.mySubmitButton.click();

6. Controlling the start and speed of scrolling for a MARQUEE element

	for Javascript:

	document.all.myBanner.start();
	document.all.myBanner.scrollDelay = 100

7. Changes in style of an element:

	document.all.myElement style.color = "red";

MC-574