Re: Proposal to reconsider resolution to issue 420

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 08:58:28 -0600
To: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org

>\Thus, after reflection, I support the reviewer's
>suggestion (which the WG agreed was a good idea) and
>believe that:
>
>  1) It's a P2 requirement to prevent activation of a link
>     that may involve a fee.

JRG: How does the user agent know that the plug-in/applet/scripting will
involve a fee or how will the plug-in allow for configuration for prompting?

I think what will happen is that people will just not include this
particular plug-in in their conformance claim.

I do think it is a good idea to figure out what is needed in the future so
that when it is integrated into user agents we have what is needed as a
requirement.

MC-574