Re: Comments on Working Draft as of April 9

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 15:22:28 -0400
To: STotman1@aol.com
CC: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
STotman1@aol.com wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback.  I will have to check to see if I will be available
> to call in.  In the mean time, is there any more information I can provide
> for Checkpoint 6.6?

Your comments [1] were:

> Checkpoint 6.6:  I understand the need for standard APIs and documented APIs
> for non-standard implementations.  But because of the way some ATs work,
> custom code has had to be written by both AOL and AT developers.  The same is
> true for other software companies.  I believe a priority one for the
> implementation of a user agent should be "make it work".  Priority two should
> be "make it work using standards".  I can go into much greater detail about
> this if it draws a discussion.

It would be helpful for me to understand more precisely:

 a) What APIs you are using today to communicate with ATs?
 b) If you are not using MSAA, can you explain why (without
    getting yourself into trouble <wink>)?
 c) What are AT developers asking of you?

Thanks for any details you can provide (about these or other relevant
questions)!

 -Ian

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001AprJun/0068

Tel:                     +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                    +1 917 450-8783