Re: Comment on 4.14 synthesizer configuration (Cc: list)

[By mistake I sent this just to Phill.  That was on Dec. 6.  Please mark
off my
Action item. - Al]

Somehow, the question

"Is this an accessibility issue" got added to your comment.  I don't see that
question in this message, which was cited as the origin of the issue.  But
nevertheless...

The accessibility angle is, so far as I know, that people with some hearing
impairments will find the speech audible (comprehensible) if they can adjust
the synthesizer settings and will not if not.

On the actual set of adjustments to be included, please see the discussion at
Issue #361 in the F2F minutes

<http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2000/11/minutes-20001116#issue-361>http://www.w3.
org/WAI/UA/2000/11/minutes-20001116#issue-361

and the further discussion afer the F2F because that has progressed beyond the
point we reached in the meeting.

<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000OctDec/thread.html#332>
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000OctDec/thread.html#332

Al

PS:  Please count this as discharging my action item to respond to Phill on
Issue Number 362.