W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > October to December 2000

AGENDA: W3C User Agent Teleconference 28 November 2000 (extra)

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 16:43:25 -0600
Message-Id: <4.3.1.2.20001121163926.0131e4e8@staff.uiuc.edu>
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
  WAI UA Telecon for November 28th, 2000

Chair: Jon Gunderson
Date: Thursday, 28 November
Time: 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, USA
Call-in: Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617) 252-1038

Agenda

Review Action Items

Announcements

    1. Next FTF meeting 1-2 March 2001 in Boston, MA  USA

Discussion

    1.User Agent FTF meeting update

    2.Implementation report

           Guideline 1. Support input and output device-independence.
           DP:http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000OctDec/0206.html
           JA: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000OctDec/0206.html

           Guideline 2. Ensure user access to all content.
           JG: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000OctDec/0200.html

           Guideline 3. Allow the user to configure the user agent not to 
render some content that may reduce accessibility.
           HB: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000OctDec/0320.html

           Guideline 4. Ensure user control of styles.
           JA: not available

           Guideline 5. Observe system conventions and standard interfaces.
           JG: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000OctDec/0146.html
           JG: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000OctDec/0149.html
           RS: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000OctDec/0163.html

           Guideline 6. Implement specifications that promote accessibility.
           need reviewer

           Guideline 7. Provide navigation mechanisms.
           JA: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000OctDec/0152.html

           Guideline 8. Orient the user.
           need reviewer

           Guideline 9. Allow configuration and customization.
           need reviewer

           Guideline 10. Provide accessible product documentation and help.
           GR: not available

    3.Issue list
	http://server.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear-lc2.html


Open Action Items

    1.IJ: Ask Jason White for CSS implementation information for emacspeak

    2.IJ: Publish new implementation report for the meeting

    3.IJ: Improve wording of note for 4.14 related to CSS reference

    4.IJ, EH, AG: Propose new definitions forterms in question 
(equivalence, text element, etc.)

    5.IJ: Draft new language for 6.2

    6.IJ: Get wording from Martin for thisrequirement (e.g., "conform", 
"implement", etc.) for issue 327

    7.IJ: Talk to the Director about DOM 2 proposal discussed at FTF meeting

    8.IJ: Propose new checkpoints to see how it feels to harmonize the 
requirements related to comments in issue 348.

    9.IJ: Propose new checkpoints/modifiedcheckpoints for 8.2.

   10.IJ: Add some more explanation about the difference between 7.3 and7.4.

   11.IJ: Proposed fixed wording for 7.5

   12.IJ: Add to techniques a link to Adobe's accessible PDF information.

   13.IJ and AG: Revise the applicability provision and send to WG.

   14.IJ: Ask Adobe why this is hard (issue 382)

   15.JG: Implementation information for guideline 2

   16.JG: Propose a list of things we areexpecting UAs to recognize in 
scripts.

   17.AG: Send a reply to Phill related to issue 362

   18.AG: Send info about portable point of sale to Ian for his reply for 
issue 377

   19.GR: Contacts for Dolphin for reviewing WCAG

   20.GR: Review checkpoints in Guideline 10 for implementation information

   21.GR: Talk to Håkon about CSS support.

   22.MQ: Review speech checkpoints for implementation information

   23.MQ: Send more details about control of speech parameters for the 
techniques document based on OpenBook.

   24.KB: Submit technique on providing information on current item and 
number of items in search

   25.JA: Review checkpoints in Guideline 4 for implementation information

   26.HB: Find out how Daisy addresses synthesizer voice characteristics 
configuration

   27.CMN: Send a proposed definition of equivalent to the group

Completed Action Items

    1.HB: Review guideline 3 for implementation information
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000OctDec/0320.html

    2.JG: Ask group for face-to-face agenda items
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000OctDec/0236.html

    3.JG: Take the issue of server-sidecontrol of timing to WAI CG.
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000OctDec/0335.html

    4.JG: Take security issues to WAI CG
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000OctDec/0335.html

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
Coordinator of Assistive Communication and Information Technology
Division of Rehabilitation - Education Services
MC-574
College of Applied Life Studies
University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
1207 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL  61820

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248

E-mail: jongund@uiuc.edu

WWW: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~jongund
WWW: http://www.w3.org/wai/ua
Received on Tuesday, 21 November 2000 17:42:33 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 27 October 2009 06:50:22 GMT