Proposed checkpoint to support accessible authoring practices

From: jon gunderson <jongund@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 13:21:37 -0500 (CDT)
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
In a recent telecon we talked about user agents supporting authors in
creating accessible content and that this should be part of our impact
matrix.  This got me thinking about Opera's ingnore table markup feature.
This is useful to authors who are using tables for layout and are trying
to comply with checkpoint 5.3 in WGAG.  I therefore propose to the group
to consider including the following checkpoint:

3.x Allow the user to configure the user agent to ignore markup that is
used for positioning.[Priority 3]

Note: In HTML this is TR, TD, TH elements and CSS are positioning elements