Checkpoint 4.6: question about "rewind"

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 13:58:37 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Hello,

The scope of "rewind" in checkpoint 4.6 was changed
from "rewind audio, video, and animations" in the 7 July
draft [1] to "rewind to the beginning audio, video, and
animations" in the 28 July draft [2]. The change was
introduced based on a proposal from Harvey [3]:

<HARVEY>
   Rewind (to the beginning), or stoppable? I suggest instead:

      Allow the user to advance or reverse, and to rewind to the
beginning
      content that is audio, video, or graphically animated.
</HARVEY>

I then commented on this proposal [4] but I don't think we
ever resolved to add it to the document. And yet it's in the
document (I apologize for that error).

I propose that "rewind to the beginning" be changed
back to "rewind", since I believe the intent of the WG
was to have VCR-type controls.

  - Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/WD-UAAG10-20000707/
[2] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/WD-UAAG10-20000728/
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000AprJun/0504.html
[4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000JulSep/0186.html
Tel:                         +1 831 457-2842